Angel
Monday, April 26, 2010 1:49 PM
I am a dog
But I am not a filthy animal
I have no fleas
I just want to curl up next to you
And feel your skin brush against my fur
I am here for you
From the early morning
nestled between the table and the floor
To the night
yawning at the moon
and barking at the neighbors' dogs
all for you
I am here for you
For your good days and your bad
To catch in a warm embrace when you are happy
and to soak up your tears when you are sad
I cannot speak
but you can hear
what I am saying
I am a dog
But I am not a filthy animal
Just someone who loves you
But I am not a filthy animal
I have no fleas
I just want to curl up next to you
And feel your skin brush against my fur
I am here for you
From the early morning
nestled between the table and the floor
To the night
yawning at the moon
and barking at the neighbors' dogs
all for you
I am here for you
For your good days and your bad
To catch in a warm embrace when you are happy
and to soak up your tears when you are sad
I cannot speak
but you can hear
what I am saying
I am a dog
But I am not a filthy animal
Just someone who loves you